Monday, October 29, 2012

Nightmare Before Christmas inspiration!

Speaking of, has anyone heard the Marilyn Manson cover of "This is Halloween"?

What's this, what's this? Yup, another Halloween mani!

Not a great picture, that's really the part of this that's out of my element.  I know that I have a pretty decent camera, but I always do my nails at night (with my roommate, whilst watching Dance Moms - "living on the dance flooooooor!"), and our house has some pretty lackluster lighting.  The colours are pretty accurate, there's just a bit of glare.

I was experimenting with one of the Instant Artist polishes of Quo by Orly.  Quo is the makeup brand sold at Shopper's Drug Mart in Canada, and for the most part, I'm loving all their stuff.  I haven't tried any other "nail art" polishes, so I don't know what the brushes are like on them, but this one is very stiff and ... well, plastic? I couldn't get an incredibly fine line out of it, I did better with a detail brush I bought from Amazon.  Speaking of Quo by Orly...

...with flash (on a smoked glass table, for class... did you know Elvis had a smoked glass table? Point made)

...under bright, fluorescent lights (hey toaster!)

An amazing set! Made all the better by the fact that I found it on the clearance shelf!  The inscription on the top says "Too much of a good thing is wonderful" which I find frighteningly apt for my attitude towards buying nail supplies.  Cute colours! There is a new set out right now, but I don't want to pay $42 for it.  I got this for $10.

Sally's stitches, maybe? It seemed vaguely Halloween-y
Back to the mani, I'm pretty much obsessed with it right now! It looks so good in person! That is, without the close-up.  I love the moon (just sponging OPI The "It" Color and Quo by Orly Orange Pop), and I made the purple by combining these three:

Orly La Playa, the purple one from the L.A. Colors Color Craze set, Revlon Lilac Pastelle


Anyway, giving the SV a break tonight, back to my favourite top coat, China Glaze Patent Leather. Shiny AND long-lasting!

No comments:

Post a Comment