Monday, November 5, 2012

Gradient!


Hey-ohhhhh!

I was in love with this gradient mani, but this was a few weeks before I had the brilliant idea for this blessed blog, so I apologize for the bad picture and the major tip wear.  This was at least four days into the mani, so it was still pretty good.  

My pinky was painted a beautiful elephant grey, and had a cute blue heart on it.  Here's how to make an easy heart, courtesy of The Beauty Department.  And I have to say, I never would have imagined that I would love love love a blog from Lauren Conrad ever, but it's totally my jam.



Easy-peasy!  To achieve the gradient, I first painted my nail the lightest shade of blue.  Then, since I was using several (five, which is TOO MANY), I painted each other colour directly on the sponge and then went to town. 

The ombre nail kit I got at Shopper's (on clearance, natch) was perfect for this gradient business, ideal, actually! Much better than as an ombre manicure.  Here's a crappy picture:


Hastily taken, just minutes ago.





No comments:

Post a Comment