Sunday, November 11, 2012

Harry Potter manicure!


Today I felt like a Harry Potter mani.  Primarily because I wanted to use two colours I bought at the Dollar Store (Revlon! They're on my middle finger), and for whatever reason I thought blue/grey, I thought Ravenclaw, then I realized I should just go all in, HP-wise.

Hard to tell with that glare, but the HP in the Harry Potter font took me three tries and it's still not that great.  I have a really poor brush for detail work, I need to find something a bit better before attempting anything like this.

Here are the polishes I used:

Slytherin: China Glaze Exotic Encounters, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Silver Sweep

Ravenclaw: Revlon Timeless, Revlon Fashionista

Gryffindor: Mix of OPI Manicurist of Seville and Essie Lacy Not Racy (I think) and mix of Color Club Editorial/Snakeskin (no label... problem with polishes from Ross) and NARS Kismet.

Hufflepuff: Rimmel Black Satin, OPI The "It" Color

The label on my Essie polish fell off, and judging by their website, I have it narrowed down to about five possibilities.  'Lacy Not Racy' seemed to ring some sort of bell with me, so I went with it.  As for the Color Club, I personally don't think it is Editorial or Snakeskin, but the good people of the internet seem to think it so.

Anyway, love the manicure!


No comments:

Post a Comment