Saturday, December 8, 2012

No frills nails


There is a bit of a story here, folks.  There is a lady who works at my local No Frills grocery store.  She has a very... intimidating persona.  Lots of tattoos, piercings, generally unpleasant demeanor, and she's huge. Tall and broad and very muscly.  I was checking out yesterday, and noticed her nails were done, and in a neat way that caught my eye, so I was looking intently at her hands to get a better look.  She, of course, noticed, and asked in a very scary way, "What are you looking at? Can I help you?" and I, of course, felt like I was going to be beat up in the No Frills.  When I said I was looking at her nails, she put her hands behind her back and said "Really. Right. Okay" and I ran away.

My writing skills do not really capture the fear and terror of the situation, but just use your imagination.

The point of the story now is, these are very close to what I think her nails were.  So these are tribute nails.  They're close, but hers were really quite neat looking.

1 comment: